A cutting board is a food preparation surface, usually made of wood or plastic, on which to place food items while chopping them into smaller pieces. Cutting boards are often used in place of plates or bowls when preparing food. This is because they provide a stable surface on which to chop, and they can easily be cleaned after use.
When using a plastic cutting board, it is best not to use it to cut very hot cooked food, because high temperature will accelerate the precipitation of harmful substances; after each use, it is best to rinse it with hot water of 50 to 60 ° C, and dry it immediately after washing. Other cutting boards should also be washed and dried in time after cutting vegetables. After cleaning, they should be placed upright or hung in a ventilated place. Do not place them close to the wall or flat, otherwise the other side will not be able to dry, which is very easy. Breeds of pathogenic bacteria such as mold.
After the wooden and bamboo cutting boards are cut every day, it is also best to disinfect the cutting board. The following methods can be used: washing and scalding, scrub the cutting board with a hard brush and clean water, then scald it with boiling water, and put it in the sun to dry. , do not give bacteria a habitat; scraper salt soaking method, after each use of the cutting board (especially after mincing meat), scrape off the food residue and remaining juice on the surface, scrub with clean water, and then put in salt water (concentration 15%) for 2 hours, and then take it out to dry, which can not only kill bacteria, but also prevent the cutting board from cracking.
The cutting board is an excellent place for bacteria to hide. The uneven knife marks on the board are full of nutrients and dark and damp, which is suitable for the survival and reproduction of bacteria. Some people observed with a microscope and found that there are 2 million Staphylococcus bacteria, tens of thousands of coliform bacteria, and other bacteria per square centimeter of cutting boards.
Most families in our country are accustomed to use the same chopping board for cutting lettuce and cooked vegetables. When cutting cooked food on these chopping boards covered with bacteria, a lot of bacteria will naturally be stained with, and then the human population will enter the gastrointestinal tract, causing the occurrence of digestive system and other system diseases. Therefore, paying attention to chopping board hygiene is an important part of improving dietary hygiene that cannot be ignored.
The most common methods of sterilization and disinfection of cutting boards are as follows:
1. Scraper, sprinkle salt. After each vegetable cutting, scrape off the residue on the board and sprinkle a layer of fine salt on the board every week, which can not only sterilize but also prevent the cutting board from cracking;
2. Wash and scald with boiling water. Rinse with a hard brush and clean water, then scald with boiling water;
3. Drug disinfection. Add two pieces of bleaching powder with five kilograms of water, and soak the cutting board for a quarter of an hour.
1. Before using the cutting board, rinse with water to remove the dust on the cutting board.
2. Rinse the cutting board once after use, wipe it clean with a rag, hang the cutting board on the wall or use a tripod to dry in the shade to prevent the cutting board from becoming discolored or moldy due to moisture.
3. Do not use detergent to clean, because the cleaning liquid will penetrate into the cutting board, which will cause the cutting board to become moldy for a long time, and it is quite unsanitary to use it to handle food.
4. If the cutting board has handled oily food, it can be washed with hot water to quickly remove the oil (remember not to use the pot brush).
5. If there is a fishy smell or other peculiar smell from the cutting board, you can use lemon and coarse salt to clean it together. When a cutting board develops cracks or black spots, it is time to throw it away.
6. Note that the cutting board cannot be placed in direct sunlight to avoid excessive drying and cracking of the cutting board.
7. If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen, it is recommended to buy two cutting boards and use raw and cooked meat separately to reduce the cross-breeding of food bacteria.
Chopping board crack prevention tips: After buying a new cutting board, you should apply cooking oil immediately. The method is to apply edible oil on the upper and lower sides of the chopping board and around it, and then apply it after the oil is absorbed, and apply it three or four times. The periphery of the cutting board is easy to crack, so it can be applied several times, and it can be used after the oil is dry. After this treatment, the cutting board is less prone to cracks.